Altoona Family Physicians accepts applications and supporting documents only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) system. Applications for the Transitional Year program and Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship are also only accepted through ERAS.
The application deadline for all materials to be submitted to our program is December 18. Applications are released to programs October 21, and our our interview season will run from October 26 to January 15 this year. If you are selected for an interview, our recruitment coordinator will contact you directly. Because of the volume of applications received, we cannot provide status updates on your application.
Your completed application must include
- ERAS general application form
- ERAS curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Dean’s Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- COMLEX/USMLE Step I and II passing score reports
- Photo identification
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
Our National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) numbers are
- 1603120C0 for the family medicine residency
- 1603999P0 for the transitional year program.
We are listed as “UPMC Medical Education (Altoona Hospital) Program."
Prior to applying to our program, applicants are asked to review important policies and documents from UPMC Graduate Medical Education.