How do I apply to Altoona Family Physicians?
When is your application deadline?
Applications are accepted until December 1. Our interview season generally runs from September 1 to December 31.
Does Altoona Family Physicians participate in the couples match?
Yes, we participate in both the ACGME and AOA couples match. We have previously matched several couples.
International Medical Graduates Questions
Does Altoona Family Physicians accept applications from IMGs? How do I apply?
What visas are sponsored?
We sponsor the J-1 and the H-1B visas.
What are the requirements for an IMG to be considered for an interview?
To be considered for an interview, you must
- Complete an ERAS application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed, and we do not accept applications via fax.
- Meet the requirements of the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine to obtain a graduate training license
- Must have four years of medical school, 32 months, and 4,000 hours of instruction in a medical curriculum
- Must have 72 weeks (minimum of 2,880 hours) of clinical rotations in a US-based, ACGME-recognized programs
- ECFMG certification
- Complete a minimum of these rotations prior to application to our program
- 8 weeks Internal Medicine
- 8 weeks of Surgery
- 6 weeks of Pediatrics
- 6 weeks of OB/GYN
- 4 weeks of Family Practice or ambulatory medicine
Is there a cut-off date for graduation from medical school?
Will you accept someone who has failed the USMLE Step exams? Is there a maximum number of attempts to take it?
We require a passing score, and except in rare circumstances, someone with more than three total failures would not be considered.
Do you offer observerships or externships?
Unfortunately, we do not.
How will I know if I am selected for an interview?
If you are selected for an interview, our recruitment coordinator will contact you directly. Because of the volume of applications received, we cannot provide status updates on your application.